We are looking for 3-4 Storytelling Caretakers.
Application Deadline: December 15th 2022, midnight
The Department of Imaginary Affairs will be offering “First Winter Stories: Creative Storytelling Workshop” on February 2, 2023 from 7-9pm at the Bentway in Toronto.
This workshop offering is for Newcomers, Immigrants and Refugees to share their personal stories of their First Winters in Canada through art.
This role is for you if…
- you are confident in using visual art-based methods to support people to share their story (art-based methods may include drawing, painting, collage, embroidery, etc)
- you have personal connections to the immigrant experience that you are willing to share
- you enjoy making art with others
- you gain energy talking to lots of new people
- you get excited sharing your art and the art that others make with your community
- you can speak more than one language (this is nice to have, not mandatory)
- attend a pre-workshop 1.5 hour meet & greet with other storytelling caretakers in january (virtual)
- provide workshop materials prior to workshop
- provide list of art supplies needed for workshop
- be available from 6pm – 8:30pm on February 2, 2022 to facilitate at The bentway (in-person)
- share workshop via personal networks
How to apply, please provide one of the following:
- A video, audio-note or written introduction to you and why you fit this role
(Don’t forget to show us what your art is like!)
We will be reaching out to applicants we are curious about learning more about for a group interview the week of December 19th.
For accommodations, questions and to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org